Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netgear access point Linksys router communication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggiejack

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
US
Hi everyone. Just purchased a Netgear WG602 54 MBPS wireless G access point device. I have a linksys 4 port router. DHCP is enabled on linksys. Basically everything was working find until I added the access point device. The Netgear WAP device is not receiving DHCP address from the Linksys router. I done research on the net and am unable to find any info. Is there a firmware upgrade I need to do on the linksys? Can these two devices work together? Or do I just not have the configuration set up properly? Has anyone run into this problem and if so how did you fix or get around it. Thanks. I hope I dont have to buy a netgear router. I like my linksys. Thanks

Hey, thanks Doz1, great information. Actuallty what I did to solve the problem was just reset my Netgear WAP. When I did that it ended up working. Now I am in the wireless world. Already have seen some one who has no encryption on their network. This is neat. Anyway, again thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back