Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity ????? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkroll

Programmer
Feb 17, 2004
US
I just bought a Netfinity 5000. Can someone tell me if they bought this same server what would you do to get it running? It says it has a chipset that says
Adaptec AIC-7895H. Is that the raid controller? It can see my hard drive as hard disk 0 then says "SCSI BIOS installed".
What do I do now because when I try to install an OS it says the drive is 0 MB. Do I have a bad drive? Do I need to reset something? It only has one card in a PCI slot and that is a ethernet card.

Please help someone!!!!

Ok I just tried to install XP again and when it gets to the hard drive part (for formatting) it says
0 mb on disk 0 on ID 0 on aic-78xx

Does this mean the hard drive is bad or the adapter?
When I go into SCSI utility and find the channel my drive is on I try to format the drive and it says "NO HOST ADAPTER ERROR"
So I don't know if it is the hard drive or the adapter (I think it is the adapter but I knew to this)

HELP HELP HELP!!

IF you go into scsi configuration does it see the drive? any lights on the drive bay? should have a green light. If it is yellow you have a bad drive. download the DFT from hitachi or ibm and run it...it is a hard drive test,it will run on scsi drives. if it comes back and gives a green success screen drive is ok. Red is bad. How is the drive connected? hot swap bay? if so,and you are using the internal scsi,it is not hot swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back