Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

forbsy

MIS
Apr 16, 2002
CA
Does anyone have any experience with Netfinity Director 3.1(previously Netfinity Manager)? It seems to grab all available CPU, doesn't load properly all the time,etc. If anyone could tell me their expereinces with this app. I'd really appreciate it.

-Forbsy

I've seen the SMBIOS error only when installing the agent via terminal services.

Hey all,

Having the exact same issue as HMK. x345 box with win2k and all the latest windoze update goodies on it.

Get the Unhandled JVM Exception Event Log error. Anyone find a resolution yet??

Have uninstalled, and reinstalled twice. No fun...

Thanks,
maineiac

If you are getting high CPU utilization, you should check IBM Director's Patches. I think there is one that fixes WinManagement.exe high CPU utilization. I believe it is Service Pack 3 for IBM Director.

I managed to see the problem of connecting to the Direcytor DB... I Actually ran into the same problem today .

This is being caused by the change of your service account password for director called "director Support program". The crap part is that it installs the service by default using the logged in user at setup time. Then the day your Account need to change password your stuck !
You can change this but this has to be done using a builtin tool !!!!!
Synchronise your ODBC user/system Datasource with the actual password for the service account !

To resolve this delete the ODBC USer/system datasource, recreate it with both Director services stopped
then run the dbpassw.bat -user <userid> -pdw <password> -confirmpwd <password>
The bat file should be in \program files\director\bin
Once finished restart services and the missing ODBC or login failure should be resolved (if at least you use the default Jet/Access Database during setup and not an SQL , DB2 or Oracle db )

I have the exact same problem as HMK, has anybody got a resolution to this yet??

Event Type: Error
Event Source: TWGServer
Event Category: Java Exception
Event ID: 100
Date: 08/07/2003
Time: 11:02:34
User: N/A
Computer: AMS_DIRECTOR
Description:
Unhandled JVM Exception
Application: 'TWGServer (TWGVersion 3.10 2001-11-30 buildid 222)'
Thread Name: TWGServerMain
Thread Group: ServiceThreadGroup
Exception Type: java.lang.NullPointerException
Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGDatabase.usingDatabase(TWGDatabase.java:956)
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGDatabase.initDatabases(TWGDatabase.java:2592)
at com.tivoli.twg.engine.TWGServerMain.run(TWGServerMain.java:270)

I had the same problem and installed the service pack for Director 3.1 from the ibm web page. No more problems.

If you can get away from IBM Director, I suggest doing it. This monitoring tool grabs too much CPU utilization. It's not made for Enterprise Solutions.

Which monitoring tool are you referring to esteban28? IBM Director includes a whole suite of applets to perform different functions. In most cases, excessive CPU utilization is from either lack of configuration, or lack of understanding on what the program is intended to do. The minimum system requirements for the Server as well as the Agent are clearly indicated, and for the most part accurate, given they are minimums and are above and beyond what ever else installed requires. In cases where an unexpected high CPU utilization occurred, an eFix was produced to resolve the issue. IBM Director supports thousands of Agent systems (sounds like enterprise to me), and is free. In v4.1, several functions were added to make it a more comprehensive solution: Remote Deployment Manager*, full Software Distribution*, Update Express integration, yet is continues to support upward integration into most Enterprise Management Platforms. Am I missing something?

* fee-based addition

Please let me know if anyone is having problems regarding CPU and Memory utilization on the new IBM Director version 4.1 running on W2K? Thank you.

Email me at esteban28@hotmail.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back