Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity Director Remote Control Codepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugelise

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
GB
I've just upgraded from netfinity manager to netfinity director v3.1.1 managing various 7000M10, 4500R, x340 and x342 servers. Remote control works but gives the message "The client keyboard information (UK101) was not found on the server. The default US101 keyboard information will be used." and my backslash key is mapped to the hash symbol in the remote control session. I can't find any reference to UK101.DAT on the installation CD. Any ideas? I'm in the UK in case you hadn't guessed. The problem is occuring on various netfinity servers running either NT4 sp6a or NT4 TSE sp6.

Thanks (first post!)

Pete

Same problem here, did you find a solution?

Kind regards
rod

There is not an upgrade path from Netfinity Manager to IBM Director v3.1.1 - they are completely different products. Are you saying you install IBM Director while Netfinity Manager is installed? If so, the likely problem is that when Remote Control is installed with Netfinity Manager, it replaces the default keyboard driver (mouse too) with it's own (KeyEx) which may not have all the info Director is seeking. Director's Remote Control installs a filter driver that hooks into the existing OS driver (if present), or loads the whole stack (Headless support) if the driver is not present. You may be interested in uninstalling Netfinity Manager, then reinstalling IBM Director Agent after the reboot (uninstall is not necessary, but the SP should be also reinstalled before rebooting if you don't uninstall it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back