Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity 5600 RAID Drives DEFUNCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekN

Technical User
May 2, 2007
US
Hello,

For the past couple days I have been trying to get a Netfinity 5600 8664-3AY. I've downloaded the ServeRAID support CD, as well as an old version of ServerGuide which supports the server.

The server appears to fuction fine. I can go into the ServerRAID Mini-Configuration and all drives so RDY, as they should.

I have updated the BIOS' from the ServerGuide CD.

However, when I try to create a RAID array in either ServerGuide or ServeRAID and go to apply the configuration I get the following errors:

Logical drive is offline: controller 1, logical drive 1

Defunct drive - I/O subsystem error: controller 1, channel 1, SCSI ID 4 (FRU Part # 37L5725)

Defunct drive - I/O subsystem error: controller 1, channel 1, SCSI ID 3 (FRU Part # 37L5725)

Defunct drive - I/O subsystem error: controller 1, channel 1, SCSI ID 2 (FRU Part # 37L5725)

Could not create a hot-spare drive: controller 1, channel 1, SCSI ID 0. Result codes: [RC:-5 GSB:0xc ESB:0x77]

Error creating logical drive: controller 1, logical drive 1. Result codes: [RC:-5 GSB:0xc ESB:0x76]

After this all drives in the system show DEFUNCT. If I reboot and go back into the ServeRAID mini-configuration the drives show DDD. I can then restore to factory-default settings and the drives show RDY again.

Is this a problem with the RAID controller? Or is there a chance all the drives could be dead? ANY advice would be greatly recommended.

Thanks

Hi DrekN. I saw your post regarding Netfinity 5600. You might be able to help me. I have the same system but It was used for Chrysler systems and I don't know what the BIOS passowrd is. It was a server that was decommissoned and I wanted it for personal use. Any ideas? I downloaded the pdf file from IBM and it says in the manual to replaced the system board if the BIOS password is lost. I'm trying not to spend as I just plan to use it as a file server at home.

I hope you can help!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back