Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity 5600 questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2005
US
I have got a Netfinity 5600 in the last couple weeks, when the system starts up it says "Scsi bios not installed" If I put in the Server 2003 disk I get the following message, “The installing program not finds the unity of disk installed on the pc “

Before the installation of windows starts, I can see detail information (I don’t know if it’s important) that says: drive on channel 1 SCSI ID3 is no responding

I guessing when I got the system they formatted the system, and now I need the drivers for the Scsi card.? Because it isn't seeing the drives now. Please help me with this issue, I'm stuck at this minute!

Dont worry about the message scsi bios not installed. All servers have that message because you are not loading the scsi bios for the onboard controller.

You will need a servraid manager support CD to create your raid array.
Boot to the cd and right click on the controller and restore to factory defaults then create your array.

ibmtech65,

Thanks for the help I got it up and running last nite.

I have the same issue as the user listed above, I have went to
After burning the 90p3524.iso, and bringing system up off the cd and updating the ServeRaid. When i try to bring the system up with my XP cd in the drive the system doesn't find any hard drives what to I need to do to get them to show up? I also stepped inside the ISO cd and went into D:\windows\win2k_xp\sata\driver and put that on a floppy drive since I thought it was missing this driver. I'm at a total loss here.. Please help!!

Look in the books folder, DEVDRV.PDF on how to extract the driver for your raid controller. Boot to CD and press F6 when prompted and install the device driver.

Or just use the link you provided and use file 26r0650.exe to create the device driver.

When i boot up off the Windows CD and press F6 it finds and loads the drivers for the controller card. But after I do that it goes on with the install of Windows and doesn't find any of the hard-drives..? Also tried to use the 26r0650.exe but I guess I'm not sure how I can get that to work either I put that on a floppy and tried to run that on the F6 option and it doesn't see that file on the floppy. The last time I thought I did this all I did was reset the controller card back to factory defaults, and it work. But that doesn't seem to be happening this time, any help would be great.. Thanks again..

You will need a servraid manager support CD to create your raid array....
Did you create an array?
If not then there will be no disks presented to XP and it won't be able to see any disks to install to.

Hi

I get the same problem as dev11mn.
I don't know how to extract drivers to a floppy from 26r0650.exe.
I want instal w2K on IBM xserie 342 :

IBMServerRAID 4LX Bios 4.70.17
SCSICard : Adaptec AIC-7899

when i run 26r0650.exe, it need parameters :

In french :

Utilisation : OS2 /p <chemin> /C <ligne de commande>

I don't find any help how to extract this.

(sorry for my english, go luck to understand me)

irishcoffee

I dont understand when you say "I don't know how to extract to a floppy from xxx.exe". All you have to do is download the file to you hard drive. Place it somewhere simple like c:\. type 26r0650.exe a:\

from the command line. Press enter about 14 times and read the license agreement. On the 15th page you have to hit the letter y and press enter. Place a floppy in the drive and there you go.

Good Luck

HTH - Stiddy

Thanks Stiddy for your help.

The 26r0650.exe dont work on my w2K. but on WinXP it works.

So i can extract file to floppy.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back