Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity 5500 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervex

Technical User
Jul 1, 2005
US
I inherited a Netfinity 5500 w/5 9.1 gig drives. The drives were in a box. I saw no jumpers on any of them so I put them in.

IBM ServeRAID Adapter BIOS
Ver:2.80.03

<< Press <Ctrl+I> for MiniConfig Utility >>

Initializing Adapter Number 1
Power on self test can take 59 seconds...test passed
Drvie Configuration can take 5Min 59seconds...test passed
Firmware Version 2.86.03
No logical drives found. None are installed
nonDisk SCSI devices found: Tape:0 CDrom:0 Removable:0 other:0

BIOS not loaded no devices found - Installation stopped

Could someone point me in the right direction on getting this thing running.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Go into mini config and set up an array, then load the OS.

Step 1 - remove the jumpers you installed. The SCSI backplane in the server handles SCSI IDs, etc.

Step 2 - Update the ServeRAID code. To give you some idea how out of date your code is, the current version is 7.x and there are several HDD firmware updates that have been released since ServeRAID v2.8 (about 16 releases). Download the current version of ServeRAID, build the CD and boot to it. It will flash the controller and launch the software to configure the controller (right-click and restore to factory defaults as a starting point). Then you can create an array.

rclarke250, you cannot create an array from the mini config. Do your homework!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back