Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netfinity 5000 Dip Switch Settings...... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServerNoobie

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
US
Would anyone be able to advise me as to the proper switch sequence for a PIII 500mHz processor? I upgraded my netfinity from a PII to the 500 and the documentation that I have only shows configurations for 400mhz and below.

Thanks!

On anything over 450mhz it autodetects the speed and ignores the jumpers, the board will support up to 700 mhz. You will most likely have to flash the bios. IBM bios only loads the cpu code for the installed proc. at time of flash, so if you change the speed, you get an error, saying cpu code not found, some go past this and work ok, others would halt and refuse to go any farther.

thank you for the info! -I have already upgraded the BIOS at the time of installation, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't need to do anything else.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back