Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netfinity 500 8659-41y cant install xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2003
US
hi all,
i am stuck tying to install anything on a netfinity 5000 server. i have tried win2k and winxp with no success. the installs make it thru the inital part of the install and then when it asks me to press enter to install windows i get an error windows cant find any hard drives. i have read so much about this i have become confused. the server has a 3l controller and i have read that this wont work with xp or 2k. i have also read that upgrading the the serveraid version to 6.10 will get it to work. i have also tried this and get the message at 8

sorry i got cut off there. i get the message at 8% that the immage file has been corrupted. so i havent been able to upgrade the servraid either. any ideas?

i got win2k on the server and was able to update the servraid to 6.0 i still cant get xp on there (windows doesnot detect any hard drives) any suggestions? thanks in advance

vince

i got win2k on the server and was able to update the servraid to 6.0 i still cant get xp on there (windows doesnot detect any hard drives) any suggestions? thanks in advance

Hi,

I've got the same problem with the netfinity 5100,
When win2k install asks me to press enter to install windows i get an error windows cant find any hard drives.

You say that you were able to get win2k on it !!

Can you plz tell me how you did this ????

greetz,
Tom

mmh nevermind i got it already :)

What i did was the following:

I downloaded the IBM support CD:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/pc_servers_iso/90p2772.iso

With this bootable CD you can update the firmware, and change your raid settings
+ you can find the win2k(pro and server) and the XP (pro) device drivers...

good luck,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back