Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetDDE Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulray

Technical User
Mar 6, 2003
CA
Since installing SP4 on one of the Win2K servers, I get a regular error showing up in the event logs every 1/2 hour.
"Listen failed: 15"
Cannot seem to find any info on this. I am running a restricted web site on this server. Any ideas?
Thanks
Paul

paulray, have you resolved this? One of my Win2k servers has the same affliction since New Year's Eve. Every half hour, like you said. I shouyldn't have any apps using NetDDE that I know of.
Here's the error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: NetDDE
Event Category: None
Event ID: 206
Date: 1/1/2004
Time: 3:56:16 AM
User: N/A
Computer: US-PB-WONDERWAR
Description:
Listen failed: 15:

Anyone know what I should look for in TaskManager that would clue me in to what is doing the 'listening'?
Thanks in advance.

Can only remember it had to do with NetBIOS. Sorry, the tech that fixed the problem did not document it and is no longer with us. Good luck.
Paul

Check out the NetDDE service, make sure it is disabled. It looks like you are running Wonderware on that Server by the name of it. Wonderware likes to start NetDDE even if isn't using it. Also try and rebooting the server, the NetDDE services should be manual.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back