Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netConfig eth1 on aes server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

caislain11

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
IE
Hi All,

I am trying to change the ip address of ETH1 on an AES server. I am connected via putty to 192.11.13.6 on services port.

I have tried netConfig eth1 up static 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.1 192.168.1.254 but I think this is wrong.

Does anyone know the correct command? I also came across a post where it was suggested that you could telnet to aes server and run netconfig?? Does not work for me?

Any ideas, Thanks

Cais

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I am not sure how to netconfig eth1?

R

Hi mrjedi,

No...I have been following the Avaya document. I just putty to 192.11.13.6 services port on SAMP and logon as craft & craft01.

I am missing something?

Thank you.

Cais

you need to be in at sroot level am sure you can guess the default sroot password!

Yeah. Look at your craft password and it does not take a genius to work out the sroot password. type netconfig and you should be able to make the change.

Thanks Guys,

I will try that. I wish Avaya had put the sroot login info in the document. What command can I use within Linux to see if netConfig changed the ip address of eth1.

Thanks,

Cais

once you run "netconfig", it will bring up the same screen you get when you first install the system. Change this information and I am not sure but you can try "ifconfig | more " and see the information there. You must reboot to make the changes permanent.

Hi mrjedi,

I guess i needed to be logged in as sroot in order for the 'netconfig' to bring up a new screen.

Do I have to be in any particular directory to run 'netconfig'

Thanks...

Cais

I have seen in other posts that you login as craft and then use sroot is that correct?

Sorry but I am a newbie to linux commands

Cais

correct. Login as craft first, then type su sroot with the password and then netconfig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back