Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbuilder II PPPOE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazip

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2003
US
I was wondering if anyone knew the command set for pppoe on the netbuilder II enterprise OS? 3com didnt list it in the documentation other than it supports it in the release notes.
Thanks!

Kent

Hi, Altazip

Same problem, but I thing it can only terminate PPPoE session, so it is only PPPoE server. Maybe it can act as PPPoE client, but I have no idea how to set it up.

Brat

I´m now have the same Problem!
I´ve got an 8 Port NBII with 11.4 SW/NBDPE-DW Software Installet!

In the PPPoE Service Menu aren´t any entries!

Have someone news about this issue?!

Greetings from Germany-Berlin

Robert D.

Bad news folks, PPPoE on the netbuilder II does not function properly. It appears that it was only partialy released in 11.4 and is not fully functional. was supposed to be fully supported in the next release but as we all know the netbuilder II was shi* canned.

Since we required PPPoE we went and built a Mikrotik box which performs Perfectly with a Flashdrive. you can read more about it at otherwise Cisco is your option for pppoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back