Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbuilder II Ping Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertdenker

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
DE
I´ve got a Netbuilder II (CEC 20, F.W. 2.7, Software v.10.1/Complete Protocols)Router with an Ethernet AUI Card!
I connect the Router Card via a CenterCom 210TS AUI Transciever to a netgear 100 Mbit netgear switch (autonego).
The Netgear Switch shows a "Link", but when i Ping from a client to the Router NIC i´ve got more the 50% Packet lost!

I´ve got another Netbuilder II 4 Port and an other Netbuilder II 8 Port, but the same Problems!

I also have a 100Bast Tx Card for the NBII, but there are 0% Lost, everythings seems ok!

The AUI LED on the Ethernet NIC of the Router doesen´t light! Must it? I think so! On the other NBII 4 PORT i have an Ethernet AUI/BNC NIC where the same Problems are, and the "Rx" LED flashs very light the whole time.

What happend???
I´m Frustrated!

Greetings from Germany, so sorry for my bad english!

Robert

Problem solved!
It seems that the problem was the wrong seeting in at the Client NIC. I had to set it manually at 10Mbps.

Now it seems to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back