Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetBackup Tape Listing Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

systemsadmin3000

Technical User
Sep 8, 2005
TT
I'm currently evaluating Netbackup for purchase. Is Netbackup able to generate a tape listing report detailing what tapes are stored offsite etc.?

Yes, if you enable the vaulting option and set up the vaults. 6.0 supposedly redid the Vault Option from scratch, but I have yet to evaluate 6.0.

Yes, there are numerous reports you can select to have printed from the vault process, and not just under NBU 6.0, earlier versions of vault had the capability as well.

Reports for Media Going Off-Site
? Reports for Media Coming On-Site
? Inventory Reports
? Container Inventory Report
? Recovery Report for Vault
? Exception Report
? Iron Mountain FTP File
? Lost Media Report

More info...

Great. Thanks for your help guys. I'll check out the documentation you provided.

One more thing, I am not seeing anything in the docs about physical Tape labeling. Can the Vault option generate printouts of customed tape labels to stick on the tape themseleves?

That's one think I don't think it can do. However if you use Iron Montain for example I think their monitoring software can do this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back