Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup Reporting Script Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms1746

MIS
Sep 9, 2003
US
Here is my situation..

We report monthly on the Backup total number of gigs. Right now we run a script that pulls from the bpimage list and dumps to a flat file so we can import into our database to crunch the numbers.

The script we use seems to lose data every now and then so we always have to do a manual check of what we get. Also it seems that if the retention period of the image is set to only two weeks that if we try to rerun the script at the end of the month we are unable to get the info from the first of the month.

Is there another place to pull this information from other than bpimage list? What about the DBs that the admin guide refers too? We would like to get all the usual info: backup date, type, status, what was backed up, num of files, KB, etc.

We do not want to use advanced reporter because of the cost.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!! [peace]

I like to use the report called "Client Backups" on the GUI. I then run a report for the desired time period and export the data into excel. After that, I run a sum function on all of the KB per stream. I take that number and conver it to GB. This will give you the total GB for the desired time period.

Thanks Rynardo, that sounds like a good solution but it still does not adress my issues of the image not having all the data due to the retention period.

Thanks again![2thumbsup]

Have you considered exporting the activity monitor on a daily basis?
It can then be loaded into a spreadsheet in csv for summations

Bob Stump
Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back