Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozothegreat

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
US
Does anyone have experience with the netbackup professional?
We're looking for a good product to backup our laptops and remotes P.C.'s.

What works and what doesn't?

cheers,

Bozo

Take a look at Veritas Backup Exec. It may be a good candidate for what your wanting to do.

Flip99

We use netbackup Pro and it works a treat. The single instance is a bonus on space and the new release 3.5 is even better. we tested other solutions but this one really works

Thanks lolboy89,

What swayed you to select NBpro over the competition? How many desktops/laptops does it handle for y'all? I'm in the begining of my search and they boast they can handle 10,000 in the literature. I'll probably need over 550 by next year. Can you tell me about what features you wish it had? or something that doesn't work so I can ask the sales guy about it?

Thanks,
Bozo

we currently use it for about 3000 laptops. its beats the competition with its reporting and general admin features. and best of all even our sales guys can use it. we chose it because of its ease of use and also the integration into NBU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back