Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netbackup media server lincense 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepallace

Technical User
Jun 8, 2004
US
Hello,

I have a media server running on Solaris 8 4.5FP5. Can I use my current media server licenses to a new media server running on Linux RH 6.0 netbackup 5.1 version. Pls advise.

Thanks,
Jaq

Yes, but you will need to transfer the license over to this server using Symantec/Veritas' licensing site.

Hi comtec17,

Can you please elaborate more about the Symantec/Veritas licensing site. I was able to transfer media licences on similar platfrom ie... solaris to solaris media server before, but this is the first time that we're doing it on from solaris to linux. Is there any issue known that might cause a problem. Right now, i'm getting an error starting the netbackup process on the linux servers.

thanks,
JAQ

I remember that I a long time ago asked out Veritas account manager what it would cost me to move one of our media server licenses from Windows to Linux. That didn't cost anything (same type of hardware)

Then I asked him if is was the same price if I wanted to run Solaris on the same box. And surprise surprise.
Changing from Windows to Solaris would have cost us a lot.

/johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back