Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

netbackup linux client config

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTom

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
GB
i'm trying to remotely install netbackup on to a linux box but i have had some problems. i can't find any decent docs from veritas about how to configure the thing.
it's installed and activated the relevent things in inetd but doesn't seem to do anything.
i've managed to set up some kind of logging but the info seems to be as useless as the documentation. the log is in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd/. is there any proper documentation explaining what logs go in the other dirs along with bpcd/?
any help or links would be greatly appreciated. the doc that was on the cd says i have netbackup business server 3.4.1

thanks.

Hi there

what kind of linux version that your are using . If it redhat beyond 7.0 then you out of
luck , cuz netbackup doesn't support the version at this time .

Loc

mmmm..... Redhat 7.1 is supported and they are testing 7.2 now if you want a pdf I have one regarding the install and push of netbackup clients for Linux

i managed to have a look at a server with a working netbackup client installed and it seems as tho i've done everything i need. the problem is most likely with the server, which is on a windows box which i haven't had access to yet.
i'll have a play around a bit more and see how far i can get.
i'm also not using redhat, but i don't see how that would cause any problem, but it is something i'm keeping in mind :)

Could you send me that pdf? I am having trouble configuring this also. kmix@cutthroatcom.com

I have a server with Netbackup business server 3.2 and I want install a NetBackup client in a Linux machine with Red Hat 7.2. Is there a client for that or do I have to migrate the Netbakup business server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back