Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup Keeps doing Full backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

vluu

Technical User
Nov 17, 2000
US
Hi,

I have a server policy which has to clients. One of the clients of this policy keeps doing Full backups. the servers are Windows 2003 SP2 and we are using Netbackup 6.5.3.1.

I have tried manually schedule fullbackups, but keeps doing full even when it is daily. Any help would be grateful.

thanks

So is the incremental schedulerunning, but backing everything up, or is the full schedule running?

Hi Ozz,

sorry for the late response...problem is still occurring.

The incremental backup schedule is running, but it is backing up everything. This seems to occur every Monday, but then the daily incrementals run fine, then does another full on mondays. Does not make sense, because i have two server in the same policy, and this is only ocurring to one of them. Any clues???

thanks

Check the client definition in the policy.

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

Hi Bob,

I compared the client propeties for both servers in the same policy and do not notice any differences.

The one problem server of the same policy is backing up everything eventhough the scedule running is Daily differential incremental.

Any other thoughts? I am running out of tapes?

thanks

Try putting the client that is having the issue in a new policy by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back