Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup 7.5 client install on Redhat 5.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandan123

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US
I'm trying to install netbackup client 7.5 on a redhat 5.8 server which already has nb client 7.0 installed on it.

I have the the 3 client s/w zip files which I've combined and unzipped/untarred - NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS.

When I run the install script it comes up with a menu with a selection of operating systems where I choose Linux and then it appears to be saving a bunch of binaries and then it gives this output -

Checking LiveUpdate registration for the following products: NB
This may take a few minutes.

Nothing to update in registration.

It then exits, the upgrade does not seem to have worked as /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version still shows 7.0.

The install works on redhat 6.8 where the menu prompting for os type never appears.

Any ideas ?

Found the answer by googling. Had to delete /usr/openv and reinstall, apparently the problem was caused by an earlier attempt by someone to install netbackup server on this host.

Didn't you just try to upgrade the client from the master? Is your master server Windows based or Unix based?

The master is Windows and the netbackup admin is not very knowledgeable so I took the easy way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back