Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup 6.5.3. client agent install without db option on sql svr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

v482syn

MIS
Apr 2, 2001
GB
Hi,

as we are backing up sql internal backup files(flatfiles)only there is no need to have the db option installed.
Can someone explain how to deploy client agent without the db option. As far as i understood NBU automatically installs option when sql svr is detected.( I don't mean; install agent before installing sql svr).
Thanx,
Peter.

Don't complicate your environment. Let it install. It doen't take up any disk space or add any processes.

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

Thx for yor reply...BUT, at a going price of €800/option-agent it's a waste.

Thats only if you purchase the license

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

The company I'am in is paying for the licences it uses. I was just trying to find a way to reduce costs(20x€800=aheap), as we're only backing up SQL internal db backups which are flatfiles.

Hai friends ,

we have a problem with our clients frequently we are facing socket write failure(status code 24) error .how to resolve this issue .please let me know the solution.

The SQL server option is part of the default installation in for all Windows clients (even if there are no SQL Server databases on the client).

My understanding is that you don't need a license unless you actually perform SQL backups using that option. If you contact Symantec licensing, they should be able to confirm this.

Thx bpACH, will try and find out at Symantec's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back