Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Netbackup 5.0 Export Reports to a File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsilva

Programmer
Aug 1, 2007
MX
Hello:

I use the Veritas Netbackup 5.0 Version, I´m kind of new in the unix and netbackup ambient, I´m trying to generate a report from the backups that has been successful but also have a historical from the ones that are running and differentiate from each others, after this I will try to send this report to a oracle 9i database (Is this possible?), I have try using bpdbjobs and bperror commands, but I´m not sure if I´m doing the right thing, I have to do this to generate some charts from the information exported to the oracle data base, if there is any way to export the reports directly to the oracle database or to a file an then to the oracle database please let me know, I would appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

Tsilva
Programmer

I don't know if they still have them available but in earlier versions of NetBackup there were some scripts for oracle databases in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies directory

Bob Stump
VERITAS
"Ain't it the truth? Ain't it the truth?" Bert Lahr, Wizard of Oz 1939

_-_ Hello _-_

Thanks Stumpr, I´ll check that directory to find what I´m looking for, if you know any other solution to this matter, please let me know, I´ll appreciate for your help, thanks, read you soon.

Tsilva
Programmer

Back Again

I have to expand my explanation about this, I want to export a report to a file and then to an Oracle 9i database in a windows interface, or pass the report directly to the oracle database, I´m checking the goddies directory, and also find others like bporaexp and Oracle RMAN proxy copy capability, if you have information about this please Post it here, thankyou.

Tsilva
Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back