Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetApp NDMP Data Protector agent question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwdCouncil

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
AU
Hi,
We have purchased and installed a NetApp device and Quantum IScalar 40 tape library. I can see the tape library in the HP Data Protector version 6.1 management console and have installed the NDMP agent successfully. I now have to configure the netapp device on the device itself so it can do the backup. I have to put in a ndmp version number and host name. Is the host name the name of the backup server. Where do I find this version number 1,2,3 or 4. It says the version must match the version configured for your ndmp backup application.
This is mega urgent as we need to backup the netapp from data protector to the new tape library ASAP.

Hi there, anyone got any ideas. I have not had a proper response. We have added another Netapp device and now we cannot backup some of the mount points. /etc volume and /vol/vol0/home both work but 2 new CIF shared volumes fail to backup with message "Illegal Arguments in request". I have checked spelling when adding mount points to backup because I know it can be case sensitive. Can someone please help. I never seen to get responses on TekTips site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back