Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET SDK Sample Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCSOBOXI

Technical User
May 6, 2008
US
Hello All,

I have downloaded the file: wssdk_net2.0_portal_sample_12.0_en to view the sample portal for Enterprise. However, I cannot get it to work because I am running it in MS Visual Studio 2005 on a different machine than the Business Objects Enterprise XI R2 SP2 is installed - is this the reason? When I go to run it, I have to enter a username and password.

Thank you for any help. Just wondering if there's a way to get around this or do I need to install MS Visual Studio 2005 on the webserver that the BOEXI R2 SP2 is installed on to work with the SDK anyhow?

You don't need to have the full version of BOEXI installed on the development machine, just the SDK. You need to look at how the sample code is doing user authentication and make sure that your system is set up for that authentication method.

If it's using Trusted Authentication, then you need to have BO configured for it as well as creating the TrustedPrincipal.conf file in the correct folder.

If it's using AD Authentication or another single-sign-on method, you'll need to have that configured correctly as well.

If it's not doing it's own authentication step, you will get a login screen because you have to be logged in so that you can use BO.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back