Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.NET Runtime Errors on Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

irweazel

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
GB
I have installed .NET Framework 2 onto my Citrix Farm - since then i have got a lot of errors in the event log -

Event ID0

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Unable to open shim database version registry key - v2.0.50727.00000.

The googling i have done suggests its not serious but it clogs up the event log and would be nice if i could get rid of them. Any Ideas of clues anyone

Cheers

Chris

it's hard to convey five-dimensional ideas in a language evolved to scream defiance at the monkey in the next tree

Works a treat - had a few issues on one of our citrix servers but all the rest have gone on fine

it's hard to convey five-dimensional ideas in a language evolved to scream defiance at the monkey in the next tree

irweazel,
What was the issue?
I'm glad it worked out on the other servers.

the citrix services stopped, the SMA and IMA servics failed to start. had to reset the db files associated with the service and re-enable the ICA service port. Hasn't happened on the others, and that server is a bit flakey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back