Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.net passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seegee

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
Hi,

For the last few days, I have ben unable to access hotmail, and anything else that requires .net passport authentication. It keeps coming up with a page that says "Cookies must be allowed".

I have enabled cookies, and se it to accept all cookies. I have also downloaded .net framework 2.0 and reinstalled IE. I have deleted all my cookies, ran a virus scan, and dumped temp files. I still can not access sites that use .net passport.

Does anybody hve any suggestions about how to fix this?

thanks!

Cliff
A+, Net+, Linux+, Server+

yes, I synched that up with microsoft's tiem server. and I checked the time zone. It's all correct.

Cliff

Now that the easy possibility is out of the way, it's time to do some reading. Be sure to follow all the included links
Can't log into secure sites or connect to https sites
thread608-1111837

none of that helped. I don't hve trouble with secure sites, it seems to be a problem with cookies. They are enabled but thinks they are not enabled.

I can access any site that doesn't use .net passport fine.

Cliff

I forgot to ask: Do you have a Norton/Symantec software firewall running?

no. The only thing that has changed recemtly is I replaced my motherboard.

I don't see how that would keep me from getting accessing .net passport sites.

Cliff

I just installed a different browser and that didn't do anything to help either.

Cliff

Is there perhaps an addon that handles this type of thing?

Cliff

I got it fixed. I did a sfc /scannow from the run box, and after it finished restoring dll', I rebooted, and it is working again.

thanks for all your help!

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back