Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.net managed provider for Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom24

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
GB
Hi
I am using Oracle 8.1.7 and Visual Studio .net professional. I've downloaded the .net managed provider for Oracle from MSDN, but I am quite disappointed with it. I heard that it was supposed to be possible to debug Oracle procedures and to use the visual functionality of the Visual Studio IDE to construct ADO.NET command objects for Oracle, but neither seem to be available.

Do you know anywhere I can get more information on this?

Thanks

Mark

The Oracle provider is pretty new. I would look for that functionality in the next release.

If you're a member of OTN (Oracle Technology Network) you might be able to get a beta that does what you want.

Chip H.

I did look to download this beta - but it seemed that it was not for version 8i of Oracle - only for version 9i. I'm quite happy to stay with version 8 for the moment, so the OTN beta is no good to me... :(

Thanks
Mark

I was at a MSDN day and talked to one of the Microsoft people about the Microsoft .NET Managed Provider for Oracle
- he reckoned that the version in the next release of the Framework would have a lot of the features Cheers,
Steve C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back