Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Net enabled Software Package 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

isha

MIS
Mar 7, 2002
IN
I know Visual Basic and had developed some packages using VB and SQL Server. Now I want to develop some Internet enabled Software Package which can be operated over the Internet from any machine. I don't have an idea on how to do this. Anyone who have an idea is requested to reply.

What is your software package supposed to do?
Java Scripts are good for the internet!
Hashim [cheers]

I want to do database programming, accepting data from the user on forms and then storing the data in SQL Server database. I want to add some reports also.

Isha,
Since you've done VB and SQL b4, I think you're better off sticking to VB'ish products as it will make doing this much easier. If you're on .Net (heh), you should check out ASP.Net. Otherwise, you might just want to stick with ASP on Visual Studio InterDev 6.0. ASP is a very good platform for this sort of stuff (for those who are not against Microsoft that is).

As in VB, ASP (which actually uses VBScript) uses objects like ADODB (or ADO.Net if you're on .Net). So, the learning curve is very easy. The only concept you need to grasp is the difference between server-side code and client-side code. Once you've got that, it will be easy for a VB programmer to write web-based application. Hope this helps :) cheers.

regards,
- JOseph
=================

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back