Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nested Overflow groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajh

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
GB
IP Office 403
Hi, hope someone cout there can help. I have a main hunt group for our incoming main number which has one extention in, if not answered with in 15 seconds it goes to an overflow ring group called primary. This works fine however we would like it that if no one answers the call in primary with in 15 seconds the call will go to an overflow ring group called secondary. I have set the overflow time on primary but the calls are not passed on to secondary but just continues to ring the phones in primary, I have tried putting both groups as overflow groups on the main group but then onl secondary rings.

Kind Regards

An easy mistake, you need to put both the primary & Secondary groups into the overflow group list for the main group,
the IPO takes all its information from the 1st group and does not proccess the overflow group setings when a group is used as an overflow (I hope this last bit makes sence)

He has tried that IPGuru.

gajh - "I have tried putting both groups as overflow groups on the main group but then onl secondary rings."

A long winded way would be to have 1 overflow group, say 'OverflowGrp', which contains 2 users, say 'PrimaryForward' and 'SecondaryForward'. These users forward unconditionally to each of the huntgroups (with forward huntgroup calls checked).

My earlier post should be working, what version of software are you using?
if you still have a problem I should be able to placew a sample config onto an ftp server if that will help

Hi IPGuru I am still having problems the version we are using is 2.0(16). Would appreciate a sample config.

Thanks

FTP 81.99.90.219, anonymous user login
You should find Gajh.cfg in the IPOSampleConfigs directory.

this was a quick setup on my test system.
calls to 7751 will rout to grp 200, then overflow to 501 then 502

Tested & working fine here I hope it helps

Thanks IPGuru yes it works great I think the problem I had was that I was using the overflow time, but now with your config it works. Thanks once again

GAJH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back