Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nero burn only fails on Wednesday?`

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazilian

Programmer
Nov 14, 2003
US
I'm using Nero BackItUp to do my daily backups onto a dvd-rw. For whatever reason, it has started to fail only on Wednesdays the last month or so. While doing this, it ruins the dvd-rw and I'm tired of buying new ones, lol. But anyway, my first guess would be to re-install Nero. But has anyone heard of such a thing, and some other possible solution instead of trying to re-install Nero? Thanks.

kazilian
Protector of Wazil

How does it ruin the DVD-RW? Have you tried...erasing it?

The only other thing I can think of is reinstall Nero (rebooting after uninstall).

Also, this should be in a software forum.

Look in Scheduled Tasks to see if on Wednesday something else is going on at the same time.

I agree with Bill, look to anti-virus (or other), updating at that time.

yeah, i looked at my tasks and there is nothing that is going on at that time, scheduled anyway. I am going to re-install the software, then wait til next Wednesday and see if anything changes. Thanks for the input guys.

kazilian
Protector of Wazil

I'm not a programmer, but a hardware guy. When you say ruin, it can't be formatted? What about another machine?
Have you changed anything? That bothers me. I use Nero, but not for backups. They just had a MAJOR upgrade to their software. I had some minor glitches, and it took care of them. For the most part a solid program. 2+ year user.
// Sorry if I clogged up the hardware posting.
// How many days is considered to be late to respond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back