Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Neoware Thin Client problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvgirl64

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
US
We are running Citrix Metaframe XP, FR2, SP2. We have many users connecting via Neoware thin clients, running version 5.3, Windows CE version 3.0.
We have a problem that keeps popping up. Users will try to connect and get a message box "Try to reconnect". Repeated tries get the same result. The Citrix server will log an Event Type: Warning
Event Source: TermService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1004
Date: 12/17/2002
Time: 10:43:16 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The terminal server cannot issue a client license.

This appears to be thin client related, as I can log on from another thin client to the same server immediately after this. We have tried setting the thin client back to factory default to help acquire a new license, but no luck. Have called Neoware also, but they are not aware of any cause. The only fix we have found is to unplug the terminal for about 4 hours. This is not a good fix.
Does anyone else have this problem and if so, have you resolved it? Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Hello,
did you ever resolve this problem? I have the same problem on 2 machines.

Regards

Afraid not. We are going to be moving our licenses to a new server, someone had told me that reinstalling the licenses was a fix. We will be doing that in the next month, so we'll see.

You may try stopping the Terminal Services licensing service and restarting. Then let the termial sit for 20 minutes and try it again. This works for the wyse systems I have.

This is to do with the Terminal Services Licencing - and the storage of CAL's on the Server.

I have had the exact same problem, basically I had to re-do the Licence Server, including phoning M$ Clearing house.

You may also need to clear the registry of the server of the licenses assigned to the kit - if you look in the Terminal Services Licensing module, have the licenses been given an expiry date? if so, I had to call Microsoft to get help in clearing the license server and registry.

you may need to reflash the Neowares, but in my situation I did not and the issue has resolved itself.

If you need any help email me at gkearley [at] bgprint [dot] co [dot] uk, and I'll try to be more helpful...

Gary

Gary

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back