Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Needs help with table problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anywhereigo

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
CA
I have a problem with one table affecting the adjacent table. Here's the website for my newborn baby.

Problem:
On the main page, the alignment of text is fine. But when you click on the "My Birth Story" button, you can see that the whole table on the left navigation panel shifts down. I suspect that when the size of the body (right side) increases, it also affects the height of the left table (navigation panel), causing misalignment of the buttons which are actually flash text inserted on the button grahics.

Questions:
- Is there any way to lock the height of the table?
- How do I extend the grey colored panel on the left all the way down regardless of the size of the body.

Thanks,

Rob

Ummm, I see nothin wrong with the "my birth story" link or the way it displays...however there is a problem with the "photo album"...it goes wayyyyy off the page, it etends all the way to the right...but that only happes when the page is loading, not after it is loaded...
Another quick suggestion: Instead of having the entire page load when a link is clicked, why not just have the main window display the page but have the navigation link there, you can use either seamless frames or iFrames... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Hi Gujumodel,

Am trying to avoid using frames but I will definitely try it in my next project. I think I found an answer to my earlier question though. I was reading the threads on this forum and came across a very interesting subject which I think is the way to correct this problem. Here it is:

Thanks,
Rob

I looked at the site you recommend and it's very helpful... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back