Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Needed Help on tools for auto geneartion of Help files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 23, 2005
US
Hi all,
I am looking for a product that would automatically generate help files for my Visual Basic application.I did some search and found several products and I'm not sure which product would be best.Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
SK

I use HTML Help Workshop version 4.74.8702.0. It is free product from Microsoft. Pretty good. I also use HTML Kit (also free to download) to build HTML Files.

vladk

Do a search for an Addin called HelpGen. It creates HTML help files for an entire project. Then use a compiler to edit it as required, create TOC etc. I did this just the other day. Works great, it even creates screen shots of every form and control.

If you love your job you never have to work again.

Check out FAR Helpware. You can use a folder-structure for HTML help structure, so that you can create your HTML files and let Helpware compile that into a *.chm file. It enables you to modify the TOC and search-facilities.

Just right-click on a folder with your structure, select 'Compile with FAR Helpware' and you end up with a *.chm file.

If you know HTML but not HTML help and you just want the job done, check this out.

I support vladk to use HTML Help Workshop from Microsoft. It is absolutely free. Most of the softwares need this compiler to compile it into *.chm format.
You don't need any HTML file maker. It is easy if you have MS Word Installed in your PC. Create all the pages in Word separately. Save As WebPage, Filtered it is done. Then when you want to edit right click the file icon and choose OpenWith MsWord, edit it and click save.
I am using an help file compiled with HTML Help Workshop consists of 300+ pages for our Office. All the pages are created in Word and edited with Word. It is so easy. [thumbsup2]

Zameer Abdulla
Visit Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back