Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need workaround when machine hosting VMpro is down 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

foosy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
I have all the routing always starting with the VMpro.
I encountered an issue that when the server is down for whatever reason, all the calls end in a black hole.
Now of course it makes sense - but I need a workaround without intervention.
Ideally, it would be able to use some basic routing when detecting that VMpro is not there.
How do I implement that, hopefully also with immediate action, so that the trigger for using the alternative routing is based on VMpro being dead and not on a call timing out after ringing into oblivion.

fallback, or create a group with the same name as the vmpro module and it'll fall back to that automagically.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Thanks.
It's working with a small caveat - the first call after the issue occurs does not go through.

I tested by disconnecting the network from the machine hosting VMpro.
The first call gets picked up by a blank as no phone rings. It's just dead silence.
The second call gets routed OK.

just curious, does your VM Pro go down often? You make it sound like this is a normal thing. Not sure. But VM Pro is very reliable provided the machine that hosts it is. I run VM Pro on everything from Server 2019, Windows 7 & 10 machines, and even a small solid state mini pc with an atom processor. Down time is pretty much zero.

No, it does not happen often. And yes,you are right, if it goes down, it’s due to the machine it’s running on. In my case it is a virtual machine.

definitely use backup ICR so that calls atleast go through.

Also, vmpro shouldn't be going down religiously, there's something wrong for sure. backup uninstall/install vmpro.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back