Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Week Starting Date in Group Header for monthly report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachaelD

MIS
Oct 25, 2006
US
I want my report to show the first day of the week in the group headers for my Timestamp (which is grouped by week). My query is for the lastfullmonth.

If I put the Timestamp in the header, it just shows a random date in that 7 day period. Minimum brings the first day of the month.

totext(minimum(lastfullweek),"MM/dd/yyyy") brings the Sunday of the last full week from the data date.

How can I show the date of the first day of each week (Sunday)in my title? ex: "Week Starting 3/30/08"

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

By default, the week starting date will appear as your groupname, so use that, not the field itself (which will show the value of the first record in the group). You could add the text you want in a text box, and then drop the groupname into it.

-LB

Thank you lbass, I had a "duh" moment.

I have long since deleted the group name in a previous edit. Is there a way to get it back?

Nevermind, I got it. I removed the group and replaced it.

Duh again. :)

The groupname also appears in the field list.

-LB

Thank you LB. :) I've been writing reports for 2 years and I still learn something new about it every day.

RachaelD,

You're not the only one still learning!!! I've been at it for over 6 years (or whenever 8.5 came out). But then again, it may just be an age thing at trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

-lw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back