Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need user/password screen to come up on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmons

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
Our new computer with XPpro enters some default profile upon boot. I want a screen to come up with user and password so I can log in as administrator or user or other. How do I do this? I think several profiles may be already set up.

Thanks,
emmons

If several users have been set up, someone must have turned on option to log on automaticaly as one of them. If just one user has been set up (no password by default), it would log in automatically to that user. In first case, need to change it so users have to log on (users and passwords in control panel - can't remember exact bit - I'm on 2k at the minute - or tweakui). If second, just set a password on the single user (users and passwords).

Note: You will get the XP welcome screen - which will not list Administrator by default (but you can get a 2k style logon box by typing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the welcome screen).

As administrator: Start, Run, control userpasswords2, and change the way users logon to the Classic logon style.

I didn't see anyplace to change to Classis logon style.

Is there a way to get rid of the big microsoft windows logo on the login screen?

Can I customize the login screen with my own background?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back