Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need urgent help adding new DID block

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtSBA

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2010
US
Hi all,
We're upgrading our AT&T circuit at a remote office. The plan is that we'll get a new temporary block of DIDs to which our real DID's will remote call forward to until they are ported a week later. Just found out this is happening Monday and it doesn't seem likely our vendor will be able to help by then. I have 2 years experience with our option 61, but not much on this BCM 400.

What I thought would work is adding the 20 new non-overlapping DIDs as target lines then adding the appropriate line appearance assignments on the active DNs. I have that applied for one user, however he can't dial the new DID from another set. He's getting a fast-busy as soon as he hits the first digit.

Real DIDs: 1580-1599
Temporary DIDs that need to be assigned to the sets (i2004s): 2238-2257
They are mapped straight across, so I'm using 2245 for 1587, etc. As soon as the user hits '2' to see if it rings his phone, he gets a busy signal. What might I have missed? Is there an easier way to do this temporarily like a manipulation of the incoming numbers?

Thanks for any insight.

there is a difference between DIDs and extension numbers

why is he trying to just dial the recieved digits from his extension?

I'm receiving 4 digits from the provider and the users' extensions are those same 4 digits. I had him dial 2245 from another set to see if me adding that line worked. It's my first time doing anything on BCM. I understand the difference in DID and extensions I just don't know what I'm doing on this switch.

Am I able to create what, in my world, would be considered an MCR/SCR on a BCM 400?

just dialing 2245 if there is no extension or destination digits built for it is just going to busy you out like you are getting.

to test the dids you are better off dialing from a cellphone or external trunk the full DID number and seeing if it rings on the programmed phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back