Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Tutorial to edit photo to look like attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjlasota

Technical User
Jan 28, 2011
US
Hey all,

I'm not sure how beginner this question is as I'm not a beginner, but I tried creating these effects using GIMP and PSP and completely failed last night. I'm looking to create photos with the effects as shown at the two pictures below. I'm looking for a tutorial similar to those shown on gimp tutorials.net. Once I get the basics down and one photo done successfully, I'll be able to take off and do a ton of photos with these effects. I took a bunch of photos last night and am ready to edit them. The pictures are below. Please let me know if you know the best way to do this in GIMP and if you could past a tutorial or PM me with one, that would be awesome. Thank you!

This is the one I'm concerned about doing more. Tried last night and failed miserably.

I'd like to do this one too, but not as much as the one above.

Is this a PSP question or a GIMP question? You can achieve the desired effects in PSP. The second of your images looks like a filter effect, but the first one can be done with basic layers, the eraser, blur, line tool and shapes tool. I'm pretty sure the second one can also be done in PSP, but you might have to find the filter for the background effect.

I wish I had time to write a tutorial for you, but perhaps there is a GIMP forum or group.

Mike Thomas

I have the newest version of PSP, but still find myself using PSP 8, even though PSP 7 Anniversary Edition has ten of my tutorials in the Help section :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back