Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to wipe drive 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliptdisk

Programmer
Aug 16, 2000
US
I have crashed my hard drive, it would appear, and, I'm told that I need to wipe it and start over. I went to the control panel (Win95) and created the disk under Add/Remove programs. What do i need to do next? Thanks.

Dan

LOL Two "dear"'s huh? Do I sound that pitiful? Well, I feel pretty pitiful, alright. I'm spending my 3rd consecutive New Year's at home, alone. Wahhh ... Poor me.

Anyway, yes, I've been having modem problems for a long time. What would happen was I'd be online and crash. When I'd try to get back on, I'd get a msg saying the port was busy.Eventually, someone told me to try reinstalling the modem, and that always worked. I'll check it out in Safe mode and let you know what I found out.

On the job front, something will come up. I just need to move away from Baton Rouge, which has little web dev going on, at all. My deal is that I have a minor degree in Asian Studies, so, I'm trying to find a company that has /localization issues, etc., if at all possible. If not, maybe something musically-related, as I have background in that, too. So, not to worry ... :) It's only a matter of time until my web skills are solid enough to get in. Happy New Year to you, too, Mary. Thanks again for all the help.

Dan

Ok. I'm getting close. It won't be long, now (now *I'm* the one sounding suggestive LOL ). HNY and I'll be in touch, soon.

Dan

*phew*

Ok. I think I'm ready, now. So, what do I do, now?

OKay, do you have your boot disk made? And if so, have you tested it?

We'll try to do the least destructive way first.

Mary ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back