Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to update records if Report is opened in Normal mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

cglisc

Programmer
Nov 15, 2001
CY
Hello,

I have a case when if a report is opened in normal mode, ie sent to the printer, the records included in the report must be marked as "printed". Updating the records is the easy part. The difficult part is: How do I know that the report is being sent to the printer and not to preview?

Also, the above should apply if a user previews a report and then clicks the print option to sent the report to the printer. In this case, again, the records should be updated. Is there a way to "catch" the print to printer event?

Thanks all in advance.

Quite a while since I've used Access so I could be barking up the wrong tree here but, I think you'd need to use your own menu bar rather than the Access default.

have the print option in your own menu bar and capture that event.

How are ya cglisc . . .

In code the second arguement of [blue]docmd.OpenReport[/blue] makes that determination. The question is what are you doing to make the decision?

A button for preview and a button for direct printing . . . what?

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

cglisc . . .
Scratch my post . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor