Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to show headings for the first 3 pages only - excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCNProjects

Technical User
Nov 4, 2005
CA
Hello.
When an excel document is printed the headings (column titles) appera on every page. I would like the headings not appear on the last page.
How can I do that?

Thanks.

Hi,

Excel is not really set up to control print to that level. Either you have headings or you do not, when printing a sheet.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a brand NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Of course, I would say that if you REALLY want to do it that way, you could always do away with the header/footer margins, and put what you want to show in the spreadsheet itself. You'd just have to be sure of where each page starts and stops, however.

But if it isn't ALL that important, you could just do it the normal way. [wink]

Another way of doing it, if you're going to be printing, then presenting is:
[OL]
[LI]Print like normal, with whatever header/footer[/LI]
[LI]Make a copy of the pages, but on those that you don't want the header or footer, just cover that up with a taped piece of white paper before placing on the copier glass.[/LI]
[/OL]

If you make the copies with a steady hand, no one else will know the difference. [thumbsup2]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Thanks kjv1611. This is what I did. I put the headings in the spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back