Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to separate data in table taken from mult select list box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaka13

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
US
I am extremely new at VBA coding. I am trying to put together a user friendly database in Access 2002 for my coworkers. I managed to get a code from this forum to work in my database. What I currently have my form doing is to take the information selected in my multi select list box and place it in a table. Unfortunately it is taking all of my selected data and placing it in one field on my table. I would like to put each selected item into a seperate field in my table. Can anyone help me? Please go easy on little old beginner me. :p

What I ended up doing is building another table called tbl_Look using the "Look up Wizard" to look up the colors from the original color table. I then created a second field and called it JobUpdate that looked up the jobs from my original job table. Next I built my subform linking back to my tbl_Look. This created a drop down list box of colors. Now when the user selected the color it would send the selected color to my tbl_Look table along with what job it belonged to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back