Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to run JUNIT code against a standalone service

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPlank

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2003
GB
I have a service built by our development team. They've tested it using JUNIT code, and started/stopped the server for each test they want to run.

This isn't appropriate for the testing I want to do.

Can anyone explain if it's possible for me to run the service outside of WSAD and still use the JUNIT code they've developed?

Or do I have to create an application to pass my parameters to the service?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Dave

Probably the only Test Analyst Manager on Tek-Tips...therefore whatever it was that went wrong, I'm to blame...

animadverto vos in Abyssus!

Take a look at Forum1393!

It is possible, and we do it all the time. Unless, you have very specific cache type testing needed. In that case you may need to restart the server to have the data in cache reloaded.

The developers should create a junit test page for each service. On that page put the input fields and a javascript to call and format the response. Then have a "master" test index page so QA can get to each test.

It takes a few minutes if you do it when you are developing the service and we require it for new services to make QA easier. In addition, they should include every input field on the form. Even if it should be blank, empty, etc. QA needs to test for the unexpected so they should not limit your options. We give these a green background - but come up with your own scheme for required(white), optional(pale yellow), unentered(green).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back