Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to reset SMS admin password on AIX P5-520

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurentp13

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2005
FR
Hello,

I am in charge of managing AIX servers.
The person I replace has gone away without giving me all the necessary passswords.

I have a problem with an IBM P5-520. I need to enter into the SMS to change parameters, but I do not have the admin password. The only password I have is for the general user, but this user cannot do the administrative tasks I need to do.

Is there a way to reset or retrieve the SMS admin password ?

Regards

Laurent

password by default is admin.Have you given that a try?

username : admin
pw : admin

rgds,

R.

Yes, I have tested this password but it does not work. That is why I hope there is a way to reset the password.

Laurent

I think you best open a call with IBM, a technician once told me that they can login with a special account, and can reset the pw.It can also be done by switching some reset jumpers on the service processor

rgds,

R.

Thank you for your help.

I have tried with success resetting password by switching some reset jumpers on the service processor.

Regards

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Which jumper you reseted? I have the password but I would like to remove the password. Do you or anyone else know how?

Thanks
Paul

you have to switch to two jumpers on the service processor card. I remmber i' found this information in Infocenter, as far as i remember there is also a video for all steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back