Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to permanently enable phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegnat

MIS
Apr 15, 2002
US
I have a 61c and I have a ext I need to foward. However the phone the ext is on is not connected so it disables itself after a while. I need the TN to always be enabled fo r the phone to foward.

you can delete the phone and create an ACD DN with the same number, and in the NCFW field you can put the number you want to forward to. This is if you aren't ever going to use the actual phoneset.

Or you could make the phone a 500 set and #1 forward the phone to where you need to calls to go.

Or you can create an IDC table that will redirect the call to the new number.

Or you can take ld 30 out of the Midnight Routine. This will keep all phones from disabling, that are unplugged. You might not want to do this for book keeping reasons.

How do you take ld 30 out of the midnight routine and what else does taking it out do.

LD 30 can be removed:

LD 17
Req: CHG
Type: OVLY
Drol: x30

Ld 30 is recommended in the midnight routines for 61 trough 81. This route also tests memory of each enabled network card, Test speach path for each enabled PE shelf, Signaling path for each line or trunk card, switches clock controllers.

I recommend the previous sudgestion - build a dummy acd.

Another thing that you can do is to create a phantom extension where the TN is only a logical TN. This is a very useful feature.
However, you need to configure the phantom loop first. Go to LD 22 and print out the CEQU. Phantom loops are indicated by a suffix Ph. For better understanding on the phantom TN, please refer to the NTP.

Or you can disable LD 30 from your midnight routines. In LD 17 for OVLY x30 and system will not do untt test and disable an unplugged digital phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back