Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to mute a Dterm Series E 16 button Phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samorse

Vendor
Mar 12, 2007
US
I need to know how to mute a call on a Dterm Series E phone. I have reviewed the phone documentation which states I need to press the Function key and then 1, but this does not mute the call. The PBX is a Neax 2000. As for doing any system programming, I don't have a clue, but I am hoping a feature key combination will work.

Thanks

Feature + 1 toggles the mic on and off , red light on mic is on , etc.....

Do you want to mute the speaker or a handset / headset?

Fine an unused glasskey and program it in Moc to F1090 , should mute handset and headset.

Sorry, I'm an Avaya guy. I don't have a clue what MOC is...I assume it is the admin terminal/software.

Wayne

F1090 is a headset/handset toggle switch

Samorse

beginners guide here

the command string you need is....

9000 de (extension number),(key number which must be 2 digits)de f5013 exe

to find which key does what see here

note the comma in the command string, it is required! Keys number from top left starting 01 and to get the F use the 6th key

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I needed.
Sam

They make now handsets with inbuilt mut button on it. No need to do any programming.

For a DTerm? Because the dterm handsets are often a slightly different "shape"

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

I have one. It's an actual Dterm handset with a mute switch on the underside where you can easily press it with your index finger while on a call. There are 2 models. A push to talk and a push to mute. Don't know what the part numbers are I'll look that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back