Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need To Move a DAG Copy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2005
US
Greetings all,

I will need someone's expertise in assisting me on how to move a DAG database copy. We are moving out of a co-location to another and need to temporary disable/remove that copy from the DAG so that it tries to synch to it. A link to a documentation or some clear instructions would be highly appreciated. Our Exchange is 2010 with SP1 with 4 db copies in the DAG.

Thanks all,

Richard

First you suspend replication to that copy. Then you can shut that server down, move it, change the IPs in DNS if necessary, and when you bring it online, you can resume replication. Because it's not replicating and not current, it can't be chosen to fail over to if a failover situation arose. But as long as you bring it online within a day or so, you should not need to reseed when you bring it online.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Hello ShackDaddy,

I do thank your response. Sorry, should also put this out there but forgot, what about the Public Folders on that server? Do I also just dismount it or??

Thank you so much.

Richard

I would do two things on the PF question:

1. Use the AddPFReplica script that's in the script directories to add any replicas that are on this server to another server of your choice, and then give it at least 3 hours to replicated any unique folders that were there to another server.
2. Go to each mailbox database and look at client settings and see which PF database is set as the default one. Make sure none of them are pointing at this server.

Then I'd be comfortable dismounting it and moving the server, remounting later. PF replication would resume at that point.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Hi ShackDaddy,

I do thank you so much for your assistance. Enjoy your holiday.

Cheers,

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back