Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to loop??Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zishan619

Programmer
May 28, 2003
MX
Hi I have the following statement:
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TR>&quot; & vbcrlf
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc nowrap>Total Hours for &quot; & CCNum & &quot; </TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(B2:B&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(C2:C&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(D2:D&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(E2:E&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(F2:F&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(G2:G&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(H2:H&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(I2:I&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(J2:J&quot;& intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;

Response.Write strH(1)
The document opens up in excel in an iframe. Now I need it to keep totaling the sums of each column depending on how many there are. It could be five columns to hundred columns. I am doing this on a ASP page.
Thanks

Try this:
Code:
   strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc nowrap>Total Hours for &quot; & CCNum & &quot; </TH>&quot;
   ' Set colCount to the number of columns you want
   For i = 1 To colCount
      strCol = Char(Asc(&quot;A&quot;) + i)
      strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(&quot; & strCol & &quot;2:&quot; & strCol & intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
   Next i
This should do what you want.

[tt]________________________________________________________________
[pc2]Roger
Life is a game of cards in which the deck contains only jokers.[/tt]

Hi thank you it looks like it is picking up stuff but the columns are incorrect bascially giving me
=sum(662:665) in each column. it should be =sum(A2:A5)
For i = 1 To intRowCount
strCol = CStr(Asc(&quot;A&quot;) + i)
Response.Write &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(&quot; & strCol & &quot;2:&quot; & strCol & zRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
Next
I think the strCol are getting numbers instead of Letters.
It doesn't like Char. So I used CStr.

Yeah, sorry, typo in the original post.
Glad to know all is working.

[pc2]Roger

What if you go past the 26th column &quot;Z&quot;? This example rolls over from Z to AA and from AZ to BA, etc.
Code:
' Set colCount to the number of columns you want
For i = 2 To colCount
   strCol = &quot;&quot;
   iInt = int((i-1)/26)
   iMod = i-(iInt*26)
   If iInt > 0 Then
      strCol = Chr(64 + iInt)
   End If
   strCol = strCol & Chr(64 + iMod)
   strH(1) = strH(1) & &quot;<TH bgcolor=#cccccc> =sum(&quot; & strCol & &quot;2:&quot; & strCol & intRowCount & &quot;)</TH>&quot;
Next
Sorry, but I couldn't find a modulus function to get the remainder so I did it the long way with basic math. - dbMark

Yeah, missed that.

PS. The [tt]Mod[/tt] operator does modulus in VB:
Code:
   chrCol = &quot;&quot;
   If (i > 26) Then
       strCol = Chr(64 + Int((i - 1) / 26))
   End If
   strCol = strCol + Chr(64 + (i Mod 26))

[pc2]Roger

Hey Cool Thanks Mark. I wanted to know does anyone know how to make the columns automatically autofit when the excel document opens up. Cool Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back