Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to locate Windows file-Stimon.exe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahafrem

Technical User
Dec 1, 2005
US
A new Epson all-in-one scanner CX4800 for use on Windows98SE will not go into scanning mode. Epson says must have a system file named Stimon to scan. This computer does not have this file. I need help to obtain this file or a source where I can download it.
Sure would appreciate some advice on getting the file.

mahafrem

If you have, or can borrow, a Win 98SE install CD, then you can get it from there using System File Checker.

Thanks Ski for your reply. Unfortunately do not have the Windows disk, just a startover disk from Compaq when the computer was bought several years back.
Don't know if the file could be exracted from tht.
mahafrem

Try that CD, and see if it replaces the file. It goes in the C:\Windows\System folder.

if link doesn't work..[Files.Lt]..anonymous search..many to choose from here, don't know exact version you require..

Maybe check at M$ DLL Help Database..

smitee

This website from smitee solved my problem. I found the needed file, downloaded and installed it, and the scan program immediately started working properly.
Thanks for all the good help.
mahafrem

Thank you for posting back..Glad it worked..:)

smitee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back