Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need to install p20913_1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

plough

Technical User
Jul 12, 2005
US
I was given the Patch p20913_1 for a 4.5 system that has the Memory issue...

I have installed entire Deplists before but never a single pacth.

What is the proper procedure?

You need to go into "pdt" and navigate to the patch folder. It's something like cd c;/u/patch or cd /u/patch etc
I won't give out details on the password for pdt!.

The patch can be either copied across using a PCMCIA card, assuming that it's a Option 11c type system or some other media device. I tend to use either FTP if it's available or simply using e.g. rx p20913_1.ssc etc via a communications tool such as Hyper terminal or Procomm etc using X the Modem option.

Once the patch is in, use ll to check it's at the bottom and the file size is correct. Then do pload c/r followed by the patch number c/r and I tend to enter in "0" for the 3 patch options such as number of days in service etc.

If you have got this far without any hassle, then you should be given a patch number.
All you need to do is to do pins (patch number" c/r.

If my memory serves me correct, when you next do a EDD, the patches won't get dumped onto the SSC card and any XBK backups in LD 143 will be much quicker to do as the patches are saved anymore in the backup file.

Best of luck.

S0 I think I will be good one I get the pacth off of the CF card...

I have the pacth on a CF Card and in the left slot of the MC32 card. How do I load it on to the Sig Server? (It is an external Sig Server)

20913 is a patch for the SSC card or am i missing something? The loading instructions are given on the ESPL.

pdt> pload -s 0 -i 100 -d 0 p20913_1.ssc
pdt> pins <id it gives you on above command>

You will need to put the patch in the C:/u/patch first, up to you how you get it there, ftp is an option.

Are you currently in a reboot loop because of this issue? If so you need to read the special instructions with this patch.It details the recovery process for the card.

Patch p20913_1 was given to me by Avaya They said I needed to install it due to this issue:
When I do an EDD - the following errors occures -

TEMU115 zdrv: Drive full, file c:/u/patch/P27010_1.SSC not backed up
Backing up c:/u/patch/deplist/mcore_03.ssc
Backing up reten.bkp

It is on the CF card in the MC32 Card.

Why is it on the CF Card in the MC32?. You need to follow bignose21 or my instructions. Or get a tech in who knows what needs to be done.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Also you may need to Clear the Z Drive using the special instructions on the patch, it details using the Production Tools to clear the flash but leaving the DB intact, and then activating the patch. Once the system is backup it will not include the patches in backup which is what makes it fail (Patches to big for the internal storage).

My apologies.

YES - it is in the SSC card not MC-32.

It is on the PCMIA card - in slot A of the SSC Card.
I just need the proper command to copy it over and then I will be on my way I am sure.

Obviously did not drink enough coffee last week. :/
Feeling a bit more than a little stupid right now.

OK. If you can access "pdt" and that the patch is located in the root of the "A" drive which is where the PCMCIA card should be then try this method.

pdt> cd a: (navigate to the PCMCIA card that should be in slot "A")
pdt> ll (list out the contents of the card to see if the patch is visible)
pdt> cd c:/u/patch (navigate to the patch folder on the SSC card)
pdt> ll (list out the contents of the patch folder and check that you are in the right location)
pdt> cp a:/p20913_1.ssc . (copies the file from drive a into the patch folder. Remember the space and dot at the end!)
pdt> ll (Check if the copied patch is visible at the bottom)

Then do pload c/r followed by the patch number c/r and I tend to enter in "0" for the 3 patch options such as number of days in service etc.

i.e.

pdt> pload
Patch filename? p20913_1.ssc
Retain patch (y/n)? [y]
Days patch vulnerable to sysload? [3] 0
In-service initialize threshold? [5] 0
In-service days to monitor inits? [7] 0
Loading patch from "c:/u/patch/p20913_1.ssc"
Patch handle is: 23 (The system generates the next spare patch number. You need this number to activate the patch!)

If you have got this far without any hassle, then you should be given a patch number.
All you need to do is to do pins (patch number" c/r.

i.e.

pdt> pins 23 (Use the patch number that the system gave you after you had loaded it in.
zdrvGetFileNames at 0x101572ce will be patched to jump to 0x21d1dc6a
Proceed with patch activation (y/n)? [y]
Patch 23 has been activated successfully.
pdt>

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Worked like a charm! Thank you Firebird Scrambler.

I was just missing that first section. Much appreciated.
I have retained a copy for my notes...

Coffee must be working well today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back